There, I said it. It’s been said before and increasingly it’s become real due to the Social Revolution. As the revolution gains momentum, brands have the need to reach out directly to consumers because they expect on-demand engagement and offers.
Here are some consumer stats giving weight to this Social Revolution:
70% active online adult social networkers shop online (Nielsen)
23% of online time is spent on social networks (Experian)
68% of consumers say they use social networks when shopping online (Ogilvy)
6.3 - the number of retailers 'followed' by the average consumer (Social Commerce Study)
- The average Facebook store sees a 10% month-to-month increase in transactions (Ogilvy)
Social consumers are there, conversing and willing to discover new brands, interact with those brands, transact directly and endorse the brands in increasing numbers.
The age of the consumer has the “Big Mo” with them! They are armed with more information and content than ever before. They have a voice to converse, share and comment on a particular brand. The social consumer is an empowered consumer with on-demand expectations. These expectations include finding unique content, engaging in differentiated offers, and connecting in the social experiences they are spending an increasing amount of their time in.
The purchase journey from discovery of a brand to consumer is still confusing. How do you engage them? How do you find them? What do they want? Will they buy? Will they endorse? Think about the myriad of items floating through the mind of the brand manager. They know the social market is big: $30 billion in 2015 according to Booz & Company. But how do they get to the consumer?
Moontoast has the answer. Our powerful engagement and commerce apps bring the necessary tools, methodology and insights to the brand manager to reach these powerful consumers. These apps follow a simple methodology:
- Discovery - Reach out to multiple social and mobile networks to find the consumer.
- Interact - Allow the consumer to engage with your brand on their time, in their environment. Whether it’s listening to a song, watching a video, or being presented with a unique offer, the consumer is in charge and can interact where and when they want.
- Transact - Incent the consumer to take action. It could be as simple as an email capture for a free song, a sweepstakes entry, contest, or an actual purchase, all taking place without friction within the experience the consumer is in.
- Endorse - Allow the consumer to easily comment on and share their experience, purchase, or interaction with their friends. This brings the brand additional potential consumer acquisition through their fans’ networks.
Moontoast facilitates this DITE (discovery, interaction, transaction, endorsement) methodology for the brands we work with. These brands understand the details of this methodology and its results through our Social Analytics Suite. It solves the brands needs to fulfill the consumer’s demands!